Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Oblivians - "Soul Food" (Crypt, 1995 - CR 055)

Hi there! Just got back from my summer vacations and I'm not in the mood for...basically anythin'. I hate come backs. Anyway, the best way to find some strain i guess is to put out of your record collection some long time forgotten gem and recapture its greatness. And that's what i have to offer. Oblivians. Yeah! Amazin' band, true hoodoo voodoo spirited, swamped and rock & roll to the last cell of its DNA. Memphis soaked and even if almost everyone today seem to tag 'em under the 'garage punk' etiquette, this trio has more in common with bands like Tav Falco's Panther Burns or the Cramps than say, the Chesterfield Kings. They used to change instruments in studio and on stage. They used to pay tribute to Ramones by naming themselves with the last name of 'Oblivian' (Jack, Eric and Greg) and they used to make kick ass records! That's their debut . "Soul Food" 's exactly what proudly pronounced. A raw, pre- Elvis swamp blues hip shake of a preacher dabbled in Jim Beam. A sinner's side of view for gospels. Joint a little and see ya back (hopefully) in a couple o' days.

4 comments:

  1. http://www.multiupload.com/I7UKMI1XFI
    http://hotfile.com/dl/127558082/cd7142f/OblivSF.rar.html
    http://uploading.com/files/43682d86/OblivSF.rar/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oblivians are my fave rockers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oblivians are one of the greatest rock 'n' roll bands ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this record, and too. Both of them blew my head the first time I listened. Regards, man!

    ReplyDelete